Individuals and innovation in the flexible pavements industry has been recognised at Australian Asphalt Pavement Association’s (AAPA) annual Victorian state industry awards, held earlier this month.
Representatives from the Victorian flexible pavements industry came together for the association’s annual Victorian State Gala Dinner and Industry Awards, which celebrated the achievements of the state’s road construction sector.
The 2017 Victorian winners are:
- Safety Initiatives Awards: Chris Guymer, Fulton Hogan, for smart technology created to address near miss incidents.
- Road Worker of the Year: Tony Razmovski, Boral
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Jeremy Hochman, Downer
- Innovation in Design, Process or Product Award: Downer Group, for its Cold Mix Product
- Outstanding Project Award: Boral Asphalt, for the Tullamarine Freeway Widening Project (overlay works)
- Industry Leadership Award: Peter Todd, VicRoads
All the winners automatically become nominees in their category for the AAPA National Industry Awards 2017, which will be presented at the 17th AAPA International Flexible Pavements Conference Gala Dinner on Tuesday 15th August at the National Gallery in Melbourne, Victoria.