The 9th GAPS will once again be held in Jakarta, on March 8 with the aim of creating the most comprehensive platform for bitumen discussion in the Asia-Pacific region.
It aims to spark discussion on a range of topics, from the state of the market, technology, macro to micro and upstream to downstream.
Infrastructure plays a major role in better economic progress, and pavement construction accounts for a significant part of that progress.
As road construction projects are carried out and technology and products are introduced to the ever-changing market, the future path of the industry comes down to industry stakeholders. To strengthen the conference agenda, GAPS 2017 will introduce three refreshing sessions: Infrastructure & Regional Asphalt Market; Global Bitumen Trading; and Pavement Technology Updates, all of which cover policy, market trace and analysis, technology product enlightenment and promotion, solid networking, and future strategic positioning and assessment.
Solid Networking Platform
- Suppliers, governments, industry associations, high contractor attendance
Policy, Market Trace and Analysis
- Attendance of government officials to bring more insight into plans and specifications
- Professionals and experts to bring more to the table on dynamics and implications
Technology Innovation and Product Promotion
- Catch up with the latest technology and product upgrades
- A unique platform to promote products to the market
Future Strategic Positioning and Assessment
- Evaluation throughout the industry
- Plan future paths and sustainable development
INFRUSTRUCTURE AND REGIONAL ASPHALT MARKET
- Asia’s economic development and pavement development
- Outlook of Indonesian asphalt market and pavement development
- Updates on Vietnam’s infrastructure construction and five-year plan
- Overview of Cambodia’s asphalt market and pavement development
- Outlook on Australia’s asphalt market and pavement development
GLOBAL TRADING SESSION
- Overview on crude oil market, trend expectations and the refining market onwards
- Global trade flow updates
- The future development of logistics in the bitumen industry (infrastructure, ports, routes, vessels, etc)
- Bitumen price fluctuation and forecast
- China: Traditional bitumen importer & new exporter – its impact on the Asian market
PAVEMENT TECHNOLOGY SESSION
- Optimising the use of polymer modified bitumen and sealing technology
- Functional pavement failures and utilisation of additives to increase sustainability of asphalt pavement
- Case Study: Implementing EME2 pavement and mix design
- Performance of warm mix technology using SMA in national road projects
- Development of recycling technology from pavement waste
After that, there will be a workshop in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam on 10th March with local officers, contractors and traders.
Detailed agenda: http://www.enmorebiz.com/file/bitumen2017.pdf
Official website: http://en.enmorebiz.com/Chemical/101404.html