The winners of the 2018 National Infrastructure Awards have been announced.
The awards showcase projects completed or under contract in 2017 in Australia and New Zealand.
The awards are overseen by an independent judging panel, made up of Infrastructure Project and Financing Agency CEO Ms Leilani Frew, Infrastructure and Structured Finance Unit Executive Director Ms Kim Curtain, Federal Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development Secretary Dr Stephen Kennedy, Infrastructure Australia Chief Executive Mr Philip Davies, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads Director General Mr Neil Scaled and Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance Deputy Secretary Mr David Webster.
The category winners are:
- Government Partnership Excellence Award: Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 Extension
City of Gold Coast, GoldLinQ Consortium (Comprised of Bombardier, CPB Contractors and Keolis Downer), Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Operator and Service Provider Excellence Award: MR4 Melbourne Rail Franchise Project
Metro Trains Melbourne (comprised of John Holland, MTR Corporation and UGL Rail).
- Financial Excellence Award: Western Roads Upgrade
EY, KPMG, Plenary Group.
- Smart Infrastructure Project: Nonlinear Channel Optimisation Simulator (NCOS) Online
Port of Brisbane, DHI Australia.
- Women’s Achievement in Infrastructure: Marika Calfas, CEO NSW Ports
- Advisory Excellence Award: Baptistcare – Social and Affordable Housing Fund
Corrs Chambers Westgarth, KPMG
- Contractor Excellence Award: Bendigo Hospital Project
- Project of the Year: Ravenhall Prison Project
AECOM, Clayton Utz, EY, RPS Advisory Services, Capella
Capital, GEO Group Australia, John Holland and Honeywell Victorian Department of Justice and Regulation.