A recent meeting of the Council of Australian Governments foreshadowed particular challenges WA faces at present.
According to a joint statement from Prime Minister Tony Abbott, Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss and Minister for Finance Mathias Cormann, the investment acknowledges the specific circumstances facing the region as a result of their GST revenue shortfall next financial year (2015-16).
The Commonwealth will contribute new funds to the following projects:
- Mitchell Freeway upgrade from Burns Beach Road to Hester Avenue
- Kwinana Freeway – Roe Highway to Russell Road – widening south bound
- NorthLink WA – Swan Valley Bypass section
- NorthLink WA – Tonkin Highway grade separation
- Reid Highway – Malaga Drive intersection grade separation
- Roe Highway – Berkshire Road grade separation
- Aubin Grove Train Station precinct – traffic congestion solution
- Traffic Congestion Management Program
- Great Eastern Highway – Bilgoman Road to Mundaring