Asphalt demand in Vietnam has picked up significantly from 500,000 metric tonnes to 1,000,000 in 2015. Indonesia, on the other hand is consuming nearly 1, 300, 000 metric tonnes of bitumen. What will be the demand for 2016? How many road projects are on the horizon? These questions will be answered at the 8th Global Asphalt & Pavement Summit (GAPS 2016).
GAPS 2016 is set to be the platform for industry professionals around the globe to network and learn about the ideas and innovations driving the roads industry today.
Hosted by ENMORE together with the Indonesia Institute of Road Engineering and Ministry of Public Works and Housing, GAPS 2016 takes place in Jakarta, Indonesia from March 10 to 11.
The Summit includes in-depth speeches, panel discussions covering everything from infrastructure, government authorities, innovations in asphalt paving material, technology and equipment, and more.
The event offers attendees the opportunity to expand their business and gain an in-depth understanding of new trends, technologies and equipment in the asphalt market, including developments in micro-surfacing, warm mix asphalt and reclaimed asphalt pavement.
The summit aims to answer questions and address issues such as:
- Which type of asphalt binder is growing the fastest in popularity?
- What will be the trend for asphalt mixtures in the future?
- How to conquer the defects and failures in asphalt pavement
- How to save the cost in road construction & maintenance process
GAPS 2016 will bring together asphalt suppliers, traders, logistic agencies, technology providers, mixing plants, contractors as well as road authorities into one unique event.
Topics that will be addressed on GAPS 2016:
Session 1: Infrastructure and bitumen
– Economy development with infrastructure progress and the future in Asia
– Overview on the crude oil market and trend expectations and the refining market onwards
– Seeing the bitumen market from supplier’s perspective
– Bitumen pricing and its forecast
– Project Global Bitumen Blueprint from a logistics perspective
Session 2: Voice from government officials and experts
– What’s beneath the veil of the Indonesian market?
– Updates on Vietnam’s infrastructure construction and five year plan
– A clear vision on the Indian bitumen market: supply and demand—what is the gap in between?
– Insight into Malaysian road pavement and bitumen demand
– Updates on the Australian market
– China: traditional bitumen importer and new exporter and how it impacts on the remaining Asian market
Session 3: Innovations on asphalt pavement materials
– Overview and outlook on pavement material usage and growing markets for value-added specialty products in the Asian market
– Updates on asphalt binder (hard asphalt, PMB, emulsified asphalt and more)
– Updates on asphalt mixes (EME2, AC, SMA, OGFC and more)
– Utilisation of additives to increase sustainability and asphalt quality
Session 3: Developments on Paving Equipment & Technologies
– Asphalt pavement vs. concrete pavement
– Warm mix asphalt technologies and research
– New innovation in reclaimed asphalt pavement recycling for road maintenance
– Improvements on paving equipment
– Advanced design methods and tools for developing long-life pavement (Marshall Method, Hveem Method, GTM, Superpave)