The federal and NSW state governments have allocated $250 million for the proposed Richmond Bridge duplication.
The Richmond Bridge is the only crossing for the Hawkesbury River currently serving Richmond, North Richmond and other townships.
The duplication is expected to improve journeys through these suburbs.
Transport for NSW Executive Director Sydney John Hardwick said the existing bridge carries up to 31,000 vehicles each day.
“Earlier this year, Transport for NSW established a Community Working Group which has assisted in identifying these potential routes for further investigation, based on the needs of the local community.
“The community is now invited to have their say and provide vital feedback as work continues to investigate potential routes.”
Mr. Hardwick said more than 65,000 people already live in the Hawkesbury region but this number is expected to grow as the region continues to develop and expand.
Intersections have been upgraded at Kurrajong and Old Kurrajong Roads as well as Bells Line of Road, Grose Vale and Terrace Roads to reduce congestion.
Investigations are currently being carried out for the March and Bosworth Streets intersection upgrade.
“Transport for NSW will continue to work closely with the community and a range of key stakeholders as plans progress for the proposed duplication of Richmond Bridge.”
The community is invited to attend drop-in sessions from Wednesday 4 December at various locations to speak with the project team, provide feedback and learn more about the proposal.
Feedback is invited until Friday 13 December and will be considered when determining a preferred route.