The 2015-16 Local Roads program focuses on the maintenance of the assets and improving road safety initiatives for rural and metropolitan communities.
WA Transport Minister Dean Nalder said in a statement that it is integral that the State Government continues to invest in transport infrastructure to meet the needs of the growing region.
“Even in tight economic times we have been able to secure a significant funding source for the local road network,” he said.
The funding for the program includes important areas such as:
- Road project grants ($68.511 million)
- Direct grants ($20.785 million)
- Traffic management and road safety initiatives ($34.466 million)
- State initiatives on local roads ($18.557 million)
- Bridges ($3.849 million)
- Access roads to remote communities ($1.496 million)
- Strategic and technical support ($2.768 million)