The inaugural Inside Construction Foundational Award winners have been announced.
The awards, held at the Showtime Events Centre on Wednesday, September 20, honoured individuals, organisations and projects that are helping to progress the industry is a multitude of ways.
The big winner of the night was Sarah Marshall from Fulton Hogan who took out the Industry Leader Award. Whilst Chrisitna Knorr took out the award for Woman of the Year.
Inside Construction Editor Ashley Grogan opened the night, saying a common theme throughout the event was the resiliency of the local construction industry.
“The local industry’s efforts to drive innovation, diversity and sustainability, as well as build effective education pathways for the next generation of construction professionals, hasn’t gone unnoticed,” Grogan said.
The full list of winners:
- The winner for the Industry Leader Award is Sarah Marshall from Fulton Hogan;
- The winner for the Woman of the Year category is Christina Knorr from CJK Fire & Safety Pty Ltd;
- The winner for the Rising Star of the Year (sponsored by Moddex) category is Sarah Frankson from Fulton Hogan. Jack Fang accepted the award on behalf Ms Frankson;
- The winner for the Operational Excellence Award category is Cross River Rail construction project from Mammoet Australia Pty Ltd;
- The winner for the Sustainability Initiative of the Year (sponsored by SAMI Bitumen Technologies) category is Material Processing Centre 2 (MPC 2) from Bingo Industries;
- The winner for the Safety Program Award (sponsored by Blackwoods) category is Contractor Safety Management Program from ARTC;
- The winner for the Technology Solution Award (sponsored by FRAMECAD) category is Autodesk Construction Cloud from Autodesk.
- The winner for the Local Government Project of the Year (sponsored by COG advertising) category is Northern Rivers Rail Trail from Hazell Bros Qld Pty Ltd